Fuel is the lifeblood of the shipping industry and is fundamental to almost every aspect of propulsion. So, when there is a change to the fuels picture, it has a knock-on effect for all other aspects of operation. From 1 January 2020, shipping will see huge changes in its use of fuel, as the Global Sulphur Cap comes into force, dictating the use of compliant fuel or abatement technologies.
With the deadline approaching fast, this issue is dominating discussion in the industry and this is why the Sulphur Cap 2020 Conference in Singapore will reflect this by taking the Global Sulphur Cap as its theme, examining all the key issues facing shipping through the lens of the Sulphur Cap.
Issues addressed will include:
· What is the right fuel choice?
· What role can enginebuilders play in aiding compliance and how are their designs and plans affected by the cap?
· What are the technological problems posed by new fuels?
· Will there be sufficient compliant fuel available?
· Will fuel quality be maintained?
· Are scrubbers an efficient and cost-effective solution?
· How is lube choice affected by the cap?
· Will we see large-scale adoption of LNG post-2020
· How will shipowners' operations and bottom lines be affected?
Clearly, these questions only scratch the surface as far as the implications of 2020. To get the full ‘2020 Vision’ you’ll have to join us in Singapore this October.
You can read Marine Propulsion's extensive coverage of the compliance issues and technology choices available here.
Photos & Videos
Click here to view all of the conference photos.
“An excellent marine industry conference with good coverage of pertinent topics & gathering of key stake holders”
“Lots of information obtained from OEMs”
Gulf Oil Marine
“Well organised and valuable information”
Rickmans Shipmanagement Singapore
“Good presence of ship owners, ship managers and associated industry stakeholders sharing concerns of trends, regulations, challenges, new solutions etc.”
"Very worthwhile time away from desk. A better informed manager on return to my desk"
"An informative well managed conference covering topical and well-presented subjects"
Global Ship Lease
"Excellent! Very informative and well organised"
"Ideal opportunity for business...and learning the market's concerns, thoughts and trends"
Anglo Eastern UK
"An excellent orientation to the propulsion concerns of the maritime world"
Maritime Training Institute