In January 2020 a once-in-a-generation regulatory change will shift most of the global fleet onto entirely new fuels, about which little is yet known. Others will look to technologies that have so far played only a small role in the maritime sector.
For the well-informed shipowner or operator, IMO’s global sulphur cap is an opportunity as well as a challenge. The challenge is selecting of the appropriate compliance method and preparing the fleet, crew and ancillary functions. Opportunities include improving the cost base relative to competitors, investing in efficient new technologies and processes and safeguarding the fleet against future environmental regulation.
The Asian Sulphur Cap 2020 series of events has been very successful in bringing together leading industry figures to address the most pressing issues. This conference will return to Singapore for what will be a vital meeting as the industry prepares for IMO 2020 regulations.
- Choosing the right compliance option for your business – low sulphur fuels versus scrubbers versus alternative fuels.
- Overcoming key regulatory challenges heading into 2020.
- Low sulphur fuel oils – quality, availability and price.
- A deep dive into alternative fuels – assessing the viability of the most promising solutions.
- New cylinder oil lubricants that are available specifically for use with engines running on low sulphur fuels.
- Managing 2 and 4-stroke engines when switching to new fuels and lubricants.
- Ship owners, operators and managers insights into final preparations and foreseen challenges.
- Why scrubbers are a viable option for many owners and operators.
- Scrubber retrofit case studies.
- Financial considerations when retrofitting a scrubber system.
- Meeting the maritime emissions challenge – Sulphur Cap 2020 and beyond.
MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
You can read Marine Propulsion's extensive coverage of the compliance issues and technology choices available here.
For details on speaking, sponsoring or exhibiting opportunities at this event, please contact:
Brand Manager, Marine Propulsion
+44 (0) 7432 156 339
“An excellent marine industry conference with good coverage of pertinent topics & gathering of key stake holders”
“Lots of information obtained from OEMs”
Gulf Oil Marine
“Well organised and valuable information”
Rickmans Shipmanagement Singapore
“Good presence of ship owners, ship managers and associated industry stakeholders sharing concerns of trends, regulations, challenges, new solutions etc.”
"Very worthwhile time away from desk. A better informed manager on return to my desk"
"An informative well managed conference covering topical and well-presented subjects"
Global Ship Lease
"Excellent! Very informative and well organised"
"Ideal opportunity for business...and learning the market's concerns, thoughts and trends"
Anglo Eastern UK
"An excellent orientation to the propulsion concerns of the maritime world"
Maritime Training Institute